EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 8, 1999
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Gerald Johnson, Donald Keith, Jeane Olson
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
MINUTES: MM/S Keith/Olson to approve the January minutes - Vote 5-0
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated January 1999 was accepted
APPROVAL OF BILLS: MM/S Keith/Johnson to approve – Vote 5-0
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Bob Taylor introduced Matt Arko, as the new Township assessor. Introduced Hebard Park citizens.
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan (Present) – County looking at 911 service. Fire truck will take approximately 8 months to build.
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman (Absent)
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert (Absent)
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson – Nothing to report
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson (Absent)
Recreation Committee – Barbara Sickler (Absent)
Hebard Park Plat: A committee, consisting of Jeane Olson and Bob Taylor, has been set up to work with the property owners to explore an assessor plat option. Gary Tallon will coordinate and assist in the communications of the property owners about this matter. Gary Tallon spoke. (01/99)
Township Insurance Review: Hannula sent list of current insurance coverage, board to make changes appropriately.
- Township Attorney: Would like to go with Michigan Township Associate’s recommendation to hire a specialized attorney.
- Census: Township has been asked to assist the Census 2000. Updated lists need to be reviewed on a township level. Materials to be sent at the end of January. Jeane Olson spoke. Tabled (01/99)
- Hebard Park – Based on the responses of the property owner’s at Hebard Park, 68% of property owners are favorable. The committee recommends that the Eagle Harbor Township Board create a special assessment district and develop an assessor’s plat covering the Hebard Park properties to resolve the problems of existing property line discrepancies. The committee will continue its attempts to contact the property owners who have not yet responded and add their responses to the file. A motion was made by John Clarkson supported by Donald Keith to solicit a bid, within the quote to have the time frame of the surveyor and a time frame for the payment and how the surveyor will accomplish this. Vote: motion passed 5-0
- Budget Meeting – On February 22, 1999 at 9 am a Budget meeting will be held. This will be a work session to prepare for next year’s Budget. Also to be discussed will be changes for the water ordinance and to discuss municipal infraction system to change ordinance from criminal to civil violation.
- Deputy Clerk, Bruce Wagner took oath of office in January.
- Approve 1999 meeting schedule
- Nancy Wakeman - Appointed 2nd Deputy Treasury
- Art Arnsten family Water Bill – A motion was made by Donald Keith supported by Clarkson to start on April 1, 1999 to bill the Arnsten family for water. Vote: motion passed 5-0
ADJOURNMENT: 8:35 PM MM/S Johnson/Olson – Vote 5-0
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor