EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 9, 1998
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Donald Keith, Nancy Sherk
MEMBERS ABSENT: Gerald Johnson
MINUTES: Motion to approve, Sherk, supported by Clarkson, vote unanimous.
TREASURER’S REPORT: The ‘abbreviated’ February report was reviewed and accepted.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: Reviewed; motion to approve, Keith, supported by Sherk, vote unanimous.
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
Volunteer Fire Department - Mike Radigan (Absent)
Water & Well-head Protection Committee - John Wakeman (Absent)
Cemetery Committee - John Pippenger (Absent)
Solid Waste Committee - Bruce Olsen (Absent)
Beach Committee - Vacant
Recreation Committee - Barb Sickler (Absent)
- Progress of VFD special assessment for purchase of new pump tank firetruck: Complete specifications are needed from the VFD for the chasis for competitive bidding. A meeting between Jukari, Radigan, Clarkson, and Boggio will be set for further discussion and explanation on this process. Dates for the public hearing to be set at the March meeting.
- Construction of Township restroom: A committee was formed. Members are: Bob Masnado, chairperson, Vern Robinson, and Dick Lantz. They will be meeting to discuss plans.
- Cemetery Property: It was suggested to discuss the cemetery rate structure at a future township meeting.
- Part-time/full-time Maintenance Person: Boggio will appoint members to a committee to review the applicants and make a recommendation. A decision will be made at the April township meeting.
- Cemetery Property and Eliza Creek Property Acquisition: Properties have been purchased.
Page 2 - Eagle Harbor Township Meeting Minutes - February 9, 1998
- 1998-9 Budget Workshop: A workshop has been set for March 6, 1998, Friday, at 10:00am at the township hall.
- Public Hearing: A hearing has been set for 6:30pm Monday, March 9, 1998 to discuss the proposed 1998-9 budget.
- Special Use Permit for the Monastary: The county’s ‘public hearing’ will be at 6:30 pm on February 24, 1998 at the courthouse. The township board does not wish to make a comment on this issue at that meeting.
- Bulletin Boards: Two bulletin boards have been constructed, simular to the one at the township firehall. One has been placed at the the landfill site and the other will be placed at Gratiot Lake (site to be decided at the next meeting)
- Copper Harbor has invited Eagle Harbor Township to attend their ‘winter’ monthly ‘Pot Luck’ get-togethers. The next two ‘Pot Lucks’ are Monday, February 23rd and Wednesday, March 25 at 6 PM. Bring your own table setting, and a dish to pass, coffee to be provided.
ADJOURNMENT: 7:55 PM Motioned by Clarkson, supported by Sherk, vote unanimous
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor