EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
February 14, 2000
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: MM/S Keith/Olson Vote 4-0.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated January 2000 was accepted.
APPROVAL OF BILLS : MM/S Johnson/Keith – Vote 4-0
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan - Absent
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman - Absent
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert - Absent
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson - Want to raise fine for unauthorized dumping.
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson - Absent
Recreation Committee – Barbara Sickler - Absent
Township building – Looking at short and long term plans for building/remodeling the township building.
- Solid Waste – MM/S Johnson/Olson. Vote 4-0 to raise fine to $500.00 and increase signage for unauthorized dumping.
- Municipal Civil Infraction System. – tabled
- Prisoners – Sent letter indicating to have them a couple of days per week. It has to be decided what projects we will have them do this year.
Fire Truck – closing Tuesday March 7th at 1PM at the township office.
Election – 2/22 Presidential Primary.
- Board of Review - March 7th in the morning to review procedure, actual board of review will be the 13th And 14th.
- Insurance – All committees have been added to the insurance policy and individuals are covered.
- Salaries – Budget hearing on March 13th at 6 PM prior to regular meeting. Salaries of Board members should be raised. Trustees will go from $70.00 to $100.00 per regular monthly meeting and $30.00 for any additional meetings. The Supervisor, Clerk, and Treasurer will go from $450.00 to $600.00 per month.
- Budget hearing dates – March 13th 6PM prior to regular meeting.
- Ownership of jeep – Township owns the jeep. General Fund will pay insurance on the jeep. Need letter from the Fire Department indicating the department relinquishes title to the Township.
- DEQ – They are replacing the wooden bridge on snowmobile trail on Upson Creek.
- Assessor – Need Assessor to do what the contract says. A letter will be sent to him.
- M-26 Silver River culvert and M26 Cedar River culvert are now on the National Register.
ADJOURNMENT: 7:40PM MM/S Olson/Johnson - Vote 4-0
Bruce F. Wagner, Deputy Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor