EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
March 13, 2000
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: MM/S Keith/Olson Vote 4-0.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated February 2000 was accepted.
APPROVAL OF BILLS : MM/S Keith/Olson – Vote 4-0
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Water project will be starting on Wednesday of Thursday
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan – Fire Truck will be coming on Wednesday night. Extended warranty will not be taken.
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman - Absent
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert - Absent
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson - Gate will be going up on Saturday 3/18/00.
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson - Absent
Recreation Committee – Barbara Sickler - Absent
Solid Waste – Recommendations – Tabled.
- Municipal Civil Infraction System – Tabled.
- Board of Review – Met on March 13th and 14th.
- Resolution to increase salaries for Township Board. Resolution was made to increase the salary of the Township Supervisor from $450.00 to $600.00 per month. MM/S Keith/Olson. Roll call vote 4-0. Motion passed.
- Resolution was made to increase the salary of the Township Clerk from $450.00 to $600.00 per month. Effective April 1, 2000. MM/S Keith /Olson. Roll call vote 4-0. Motion passed.
- Resolution was made to increase the salary of the Township Treasurer from $450.00 to $600.00 per month. Effective April 1, 2000. MM/S Keith/Olson. Roll call vote 4-0. Motion passed.
- Resolution was made to increase the salary of the Township Trustees from $70.00 to $100.00 per month and $30.00 for any additional meetings. Effective April 1, 2000. MM/S Keith/Boggio. Roll call vote. 4-0 Motion passed. It is noted that Trustee Keith wants to donate his additional increase to the township general fund.
- Motion was made to set meeting dates for 2000-01. MM/S Olson/Boggio. Vote 4-0. Motion passed.
April 10, 2000 October 9, 2000
May 8, 2000 November 12, 2000
June 12, 2000 December 11, 2000
July 10, 2000 January 8, 2001
August 14, 2000 February 12, 2001
September 11, 2000 March 12, 2001
- Motion was made to approve the Budget for fiscal year 2000-01. MM/S Olson/Keith. Vote 4-0. Motion passed.
- Motion was made to select John Jukuri as the Auditor for the fiscal year 2000-01. MM/S Olson/Keith. Vote 4-0. Motion passed.
- Motion was made to stay with National City Bank and authorized use of D&N and Superior if necessary for the fiscal year 2000-01. MM/S Olson/Boggio. Vote 3-0, 1 abstention.
Fire Truck – We are covered with insurance.
- Permission for Fire Department to use pump house to store equipment.
- Zoning of Mount Bohemia project – Bob Crampton – Motion was made that the township feels that PDD is the minimum zoning ordinance that should be granted for the Mt. Bohemia project, after receiving a feasibility study. Also a letter from George Hite was read. MM/S Keith/Olson. Vote 4-0.
- State and Federal posting requirements for all Michigan employees. We will need to order them.
- Western UP District Health Department – Write them a letter that it is not our responsibility but thank you for the information and for bringing this to our attention.
- Keweenaw Academy – New direction to put (lower risk) kids into the community to do work. No cost or liability to the township. Report by Ed Stoneman. Chuck Smith is the new director.
ADJOURNMENT: 7:59PM MM/S Olson/Johnson - Vote 4-0
Bruce F. Wagner, Deputy Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor