EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
April 12 2000
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, Donald Keith, Jeane Olson, Gerald Johnson
MEMBERS ABSENT: John Clarkson
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: Correct motion to resolution on approving the budget. MM/S Olson/Keith Vote 4-0.
TREASURERS REPORT: Report dated March 2000 was accepted.
APPROVAL OF BILLS : MM/S Olson/Keith - Vote 4-0
SUPERVISORS REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Copper Harbor will be having a Spaghetti and Bake Sale on May 5, 2000. Col. Betty Roach - The flag that flew over Arlington Cemetery will be flown at Eagle Harbor all summer. Also, there is a large log on the beach.
Volunteer Fire Department Mike Radigan Fire Truck is here.
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee John Wakeman - Update from Dick Supina on test wells, will map existing wells. All work has to be done by May 31, 2000.
Cemetery Committee Ginny Shubert Trees will be planted on the morning of April 13, 2000.
Solid Waste Committee Bruce Olson
Beach Committee Vern Robinson - Prisoners will clean beach.
Recreation Committee Barbara Sickler Allocate $200 to committee. MM/S Johnson/Olson. Vote 4-0.
- Solid Waste Recommendations New signs will be corrected. It could be misinterpreted what is allowable to be placed in the compactor.
- Municipal Civil Infraction System Tabled.
- Resolution to raise salary of the Green Thumb employee (Ivan Fisher) to $75 per month retro to 4/1. Motion to accept resolution. MM/S Olson/Keith. Roll call vote 4-0.
- Resolution to raise salary of Fire Chief to $150 per month. Motion to accept resolution. MM/S Olson/Keith. Roll call vote 4-0.
- Resolution to raise salaries of the Election Board workers to $8 per hour and mileage and chairperson will get an additional $10 per election. MM/S Olson/Keith. Roll call vote 4-0.
- Resolution to increase the Water Operator Salary to $200 per month. Therefore I would like to make a motion to increase the water operator salary $200 per month upon certification and to combine the water operator job with general maintenance and pay $200 per month which will be applied directly to his medical insurance. Motion to accept resolution. MM/S Olson/Keith. Roll call votes 3 yes, 1 abstention by Johnson. Motion passed.
- Bids for Solid Waste Burner Old burner to be sold for $100.00. Motion to order new burner for cost up to $1,600.00. MM/S Keith/Olson. Vote 4-0.
- Annual clean up days in Michigan Governor declares clean up days to be 4/01 to May 31, 2000.
- Eagle Harbor Township Millage Renewal Resolution. Shall the previous voted increase in the mill tax limitation imposed under Article IX, Sec. 6 of the Michigan Constitution be renewed for levy by said Township by 3.000 mills ($3.00 per $1,000 of taxable value) upon taxable real and tangible personal property within said township in the years 2001 through 2003 inclusive for general operating purposes, which renewal will raise in the first year an estimated $58,310? Motion to accept resolution and put on Ballot of August 8, 2000. MM/S Olson/Keith. Vote 4-0.
- Zoning Committee will be formed headed by Marilyn Marshall, to look into the type of zoning in Eagle Harbor and report to the Township Board of any potential problems that need to be addressed by the Board to the County.
- Year 2000 Schoolhouse Dedication Celebration - Sunday July 2, 2000 at 3:30 PM will be the ringing of the Bell by the Bell Ringers (donors of $100 or more). Social hour will be from 4-5:00 PM. Frank Carlton will be in charge of the dedication, which will begin at 5:00 PM. The dedication will be followed by a cookout to begin at 5:30 PM. Motion to spend up to $1,500 to purchase license plates with pictures of the schoolhouse and the lighthouse to be sold as a fund raiser. MM/S Olson/Keith. Vote 4-0.
- Nominating Petitions Due by May 16, 2000 4 PM to the Township Clerk.
- Seminar District meeting regarding Michigan Taxpayers at MTU will cost $45 per participant. Invite all people who petition to run for board position. MM/S Boggio/Olson. Vote 4-0.
- Fire Department Propose to enlarge the overhead door to 20 or 208". Currently we have 2 bids. An article is needed in the paper for accepting bids for the job to the Fire Hall.
- Trusses are here for Township Building remodeling project. Total Budget is approximately $35,000.00 +.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:15 PM MM/S Keith/Olson - Vote 4-0
Bruce F. Wagner, Deputy Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor