MEMBERS PRESENT: Trustee Lantz, Treasurer Johnson, Supervisor Sherk, Trustee Ellis, and Clerk Olson
AGENDA APPROVAL AND ADDITIONS:
MM/S Olson/Sherk to approve the agenda with the following additions and modifications.
· Run water policy added under Supervisor Remarks.
· Dunes Mashes Draft Plan moved from New Business to Old Business under Conservation Easement.
· Assessor Contract added Under Old Business.
· TV System Digital Upgrade and Separate TV Building in New Business moved to top of New Business.
The Agenda was approved 5 Ayes, 0 Nays.
· Approved minutes of March 8, 2004 Public Budget Hearing
· Approve minutes of March 8, 2004 regular meeting
· Accept Treasurers Report
· Approve Payment of Bills
MM/S Lantz/Johnson to approve Consent Agenda 5 Ayes, 0 Nays Consent Agenda approved.
· Eagle Harbor Township Mountain Lodge Reply Summarized with note of meeting on April 14, 2004 at 6pm regarding Mountain Lodge winterization.
· MDOT M-26 Plans Bridge closing and rerouting highlighted.
· DEQ Dunes Permit No Comment
· Tax Land Dispute Letter with Assessor.
· Land Update LSL Supervisor Sherk summarized handout.
· Land Update Dunes-Marshes Supervisor Sherk summarized handout noting the Board previously approved the $3000 baseline cost.
· Wyckoff Zoning Meeting - Supervisor Sherk summarized meeting of March 29, 2004 where he committed the Township to a $600 share of the cost for a September Township zoning meeting subject to Board approval later.
· Public Hearing Notice - Supervisor Sherk summarized handout.
· Notice of Filing Petitions-Notice read aloud by Clerk Olson
· Burn Permits Notice of permit to be posted on township bulletin board.
· Botany Workshop No Comment
· March County Board Minutes No Comment
· Run Water Policy Policy cancelled by request of Don Keith Township Water Operator
· Cemetery Committee Ginny Schubert No Report.
Sexton Comments Mike Braman No Report.
· Community Building Jeane Olson No Report.
· First Responders Bruce Olson No Report.
· Hazard Mitigation Committee Kris Callog No Report.
· Hebard Plat Committee Jeane Olson No Report.
· 911 Committee Doug Schubert No Report.
· Park Committee George Hite No Report.
· Recreation Committee Barb Sickler No Report.
· Solid Waste Committee Doug Schubert No Report.
· Volunteer Fire Department Mike Radigan No Report.
· Water Committee John Wakeman No Report.
Water Systems Operator Reid Rastello No Report.
· Wellhead Protection Committee Reid Rastello No Report.
· Zoning Advisory Committee George Hite No Report.
· Sewage Land Purchase Tabled until purchase agreement is received.
· Fire Truck Financing Tabled until June.
· Traffic Signs Tabled until report is received from County.
· Private Road Ordinance Tabled/waiting for advice from attorney.
· Conservation Easement/Dunes Marshes Draft Plan Tabled, draft land document summarized.
· Insurance Risk Control Tabled awaiting further information.
· Recreational Sign Tabled awaiting truer color representation from vendor.
· Assessor Contract Tabled, no update.
· TV system Digital upgrade Deputy Supervisor Boggio addressed board. MM/S Johnson/Sherk passed 5-0 to allow a new satellite dish to be attached to the Solid Waste Building for stabilization.
· Separate TV Building MM/S by Johnson/Lantz to explore the request of the cable system owner to construct a new building not to Exceed 32 x 40 to house cable system equipment. It was noted that the intent of the owner was to turn over ownership to the Township within a 25-year period. Deputy Supervisor Boggio was assigned the lead on this item.
· Proposal to Renew Township Operating Millage Resolution offered by Clerk Olson and supported by Trustee Ellis to place Millage Proposal on August Primary Ballot passed unanimously with a roll call vote.
· Fire Truck Loan Resolution Resolution to extend Fire Truck Loan and Grant application for a Federal commitment offered by Treasure Johnson and supported by Trustee Lantz passed unanimously with a roll call vote.
· Revise Community Building Rental Agreement Read by Clerk Olson and MM/S by Trustees Lantz/Ellis to add an Indemnification clause passed 5-0.
· Zoning Grant Support Resolution MM/S Lantz/Johnson to support costal zoning ordinance for Keweenaw County. Roll call vote was unanimous in favor of resolution. Supervisor Sherk requested that a note of unanimous board support is noted on the resolution.
· Request for Water Hookup Supervisor Sherk read aloud request with MM/S by Ellis/Olson to accept the request. Roll call vote passed unanimously.
· Wildfire/ Homes MM/S by Sherk/Ellis to obtain copies for the Township passed 5-0
· Optical Scan Voting System Grant resolution MM/S Olson/Sherk to authorize Clerk Olson to apply for grant passed 5-0 on a roll call vote.
· MM/S Olson/Lantz to adjourn. Motion carried unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:29 p.m.
Jeane Olson, Clerk
Eagle Harbor Township
I, the undersigned, Jeane Olson, the duly qualified and elected Clerk for the Township of Eagle Harbor, Keweenaw County, Michigan, DO HEREBY CERTIFY that the foregoing is a true and complete copy of certain proceedings taken by the Township Board of said Township at a regular board meeting held on the 12th day of April, 2004.
Jeane Olson, Clerk
Eagle Harbor Township