EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 13, 1998
(Minutes not yet reviewed by Township Board.)
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Donald Keith, Gerald Johnson
MEMBERS ABSENT: Nancy Sherk
MINUTES: Motion to approve the March minutes by Keith, supported by Johnson, vote unanimous.
Motion to approve minutes of the Special Public Hearing to discuss the 98-9 Budget was
made by Keith, supported by Johnson, vote unanimous.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Reviewed and accepted the April treasurer’s report.
APPROVAL OF BILLS: Reviewed; motion to approve, Johnson, supported by Keith, vote unanimous.
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Boggio visited the Keweenaw Youth Academy and was impressed with their facility and the program there.
Volunteer Fire Department - Mike Radigan (Absent)
Water & Well-head Protection Committee - John Wakeman
- Boggio met with Doug Pascoe, Director of the Michigan Health Dept. It was suggested by him that the township consider acquiring additional property surrounding the existing well area for protection. Boggio will check on this, as well as, the road leading to the pump house for existing recorded easement.
Cemetery Committee - John Pippenger (Absent)
- Cemetery Clean-up: Scheduled for May 9th at 11:00am. Volunteers needed.
Solid Waste Committee - Bruce Olsen (Absent)
- The solid waste facility’s gates have been closed during ‘off’ hours due to mis-use of dumpster. Current hours are Saturday mornings from 10 am - 12 pm.
- Summer hours will be set at the May meeting
- Copper Harbor Solid Waste Facility is now accepting disposal of garbage from anyone purchasing their ‘pay-per’ bags.
Beach Committee - Vacant
Recreation Committee - Barb Sickler (Absent)
- Construction of township restroom: The committee presented the proposed plans for the addition. Cost will be gathered at a later date.
- Schedule of 1998-99 Township Meetings: Reviewed and accepted (to be posted)
- Special Election of June 13, 1998: Proposal A was read as it will appear on the ballot (on file)
- Short Cut Road: The Keweenaw Road Commission will be resurfacing the road this summer. They will also be putting a finish on the road leading to the Lighthouse at a cost of approx. $400.00 to the township.
- Reminder: Anyone wishing to run as Township Trustee in the August Primary (filling the vacancy of Peter Van Pelt), please pick up a petition at the township hall and submit to Keweenaw County by May 12, 1998 by 4:00 pm
- Dryhydrant Placements and Time Table: A request by the Gratiot Lake area has been expressed for a dry hydrant. Boggio would like the VFD to review this and present a time-table to the board indicating locations and time frame of installations.
- Dogs on the Beach Signs: Eight signs will be made and installed soon.
- Burial Site Excavation: The sexton is looking for someone interested in digging burial sites. Call township hall if you are interested.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:05 PM Motioned by Keith, supported by Johnson, vote unanimous
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor