EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
September 13, 1999
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Donald Keith, Jeane Olson, Gerald Johnson
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: MM/S Keith/Olson
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated August 1999 was accepted
APPROVAL OF BILLS: MM/S Keith/Olson to approve – Vote 5-0 except for LaRoux Construction and for $108.00 for Manderfield. Donation to come into township funds, bills should be paid from township funds.
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Jim expressed his thanks for everyone’s help while he was busy with other business.
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan – Absent
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman – Absent
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert – Absent
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson – Compactor has a problem, only works in manual mode.
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson – Absent
Recreation Committee – Barb Sickler – Absent
Time Capsule – Frank Carlton
Municipal Civil Infraction System – Tabled. A letter will be sent to Donna Jaaskelainen explaining our concern to change to a Municipal Civil Infractions System.
- Burnham & Flowers Insurance – Marty Olgren, rep. Tabled.
- Township Hall Construction – Estimate of $35K. Time line for formal plumbing and electrical bids are in. Next meeting review the bids, and to set a beginning and ending date.
- United Way – Do we want to contribute?
- Street Light – Corner of 6th and Center. Tabled.
- USDA – Management Reports Resolution: Resolution in conjunction with Firetruck MM/S 1942-A Olson/Johnson roll call vote 5-0.
- USDA – Loan Resolution – MM/S Keith/Olson Motion to adopt resolution as stated 1942-A. Roll call vote 5-0
- Lake Superior Land Excursion – Lake Superior Land will explain the Orientation and Forestry Management policies.
- Accept bids for Cemetery drives? Two bids: Tony Burcar - $4,632.80 and Fritz Kesanen - $4,630.00. Motion to hire Fritz Kesanen to build the drives at the cemetery, material to be used will be determined later. MM/S Clarkson/Johnson Vote 5-0.
- Lease agreements for Schoolhouse. Tabled.
- Water Bids – MM/S Clarkson/Olson to go ahead with the project as planned. Motion to award bid to Tony Burcar. Vote 5-0 Water bids – 7" main down Center Street: Tony Burcar - $130,840.84, Mattila - $136,332.00, Seiler - $189,540.00. Motion to award bid to Tony Burcar, to put a 7" main down Center Street. Have to borrow $45K from other funds. We have $87K available at present in General Fund.
- Year 2000 Community Building – New Year’s Party – Water will be turned on. Open to Eagle Harbor Township residents and their guests.
- DEQ – Approval for Rich Wright to build a pole barn on his property. Board not approved.
- Ed Filsinger can have the law books, but can’t have other books. Jim Boggio received letter in the mail this past week from Gordon Jaaskelainen that states the bookcases in the schoolhouse belong to Ed Filsinger. A Letter to Ed Filsinger, copy to Gordon Jaaskelainen, should state what bookcases he is referring to and a description of the bookcases.
- Motion to contact the County to explore possibility to declare a portion of land across from Ed Filsinger as road right away. MM/S Clarkson/Johnson Vote 5-0.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:50PM MM/S Olson/Clarkson – Vote 5-0
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor