EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Donald Keith, Jeane Olson, Gerald Johnson
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: MM/S Clarkson/Johnson
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated September 1999 was accepted
APPROVAL OF BILLS: MM/S Olson/Johnson to approve – Vote 5-0
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan – Received permit to put dry well at The Silver River.
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman – Absent
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert – Absent
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson – Winter hours begin on October 15
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson – Absent
Recreation Committee – Barb Sickler – Absent There are budget funds remaining
Time Capsule – Frank Carlton
Municipal Civil Infraction System – Tabled. A letter was sent to Donna Jaaskelainen requesting her to explain concerns in changing to a Municipal Civil Infractions System.
- Burnham & Flowers Insurance – Marty Olgren, rep. Tabled.
- Township Hall Construction – Received update from John Clarkson on this project.
- Street Light – Corner of 6th and Center. MM/S Olson/Johnson. Motion to put a lite at 6th and Center was made. Vote was 3 for and 2 against. Motion passed.
- Light by Ed Filsinger’s – MM Clarkson. Motion was made to put a light up by Ed Filsinger’s but
Died due to lack of support.
- Lease agreements for Schoolhouse. Tabled. More information to be provided for the next meeting.
- Water Project – Discussion regarding how much will be done before winter is here was held.
- Ed Filsinger can have the law books, but can’t have other books. Jim Boggio received letter in the mail this past week from Gordon Jaaskelainen that states the bookcases in the schoolhouse belong to Ed Filsinger. A Letter to Ed Filsinger, copy to Gordon Jaaskelainen, should state what bookcases he is referring to and a description of the bookcases. 9/99.
- Motion to contact the County to explore possibility to declare a portion of land across from Ed Filsinger as road right away. MM/S Clarkson/Johnson Vote 5-0. 9/99.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:50PM MM/S Olson/Clarkson – Vote 5-0
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor