EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
NOVEMBER 9, 1998
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, John Clarkson, Gerald Johnson, Donald Keith
MEMBERS ABSENT: Nancy Sherk
MINUTES: MM/S Keith/Johnson to approve the October minutes - Vote 4-0
TREASURERíS REPORT: Report Accepted
APPROVAL OF BILLS: MM/S Keith/Johnson to approve - Vote 4-0
SUPERVISORíS REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: No comments
Volunteer Fire Department - Mike Radigan (Absent)
- A red jacket was purchased and given to George Hite in appreciation for all the help he has
given the VFD.
Water & Well-head Protection Committee - John Wakeman (Absent)
Cemetery Committee - Ginny Shubert (Absent)
Solid Waste Committee - Bruce Olson - Nothing to report
Beach Committee - Vern Robinson (Absent)
Recreation Committee - Barb Sickler - (Absent)
- Fire truck: The Grant application has been sent in.
- Assessor position: Two letters of application were received regarding the position of township assessor. Linda Pizzi and Matthew Arko applied. The committee, Mike Hohner and Bob Taylor, interviewed and reviewed the applications and have recommended the board hire Matthew Arko. A motion was made by Clarkson, supported by Johnson, vote unanimous to hire Mr. Arko.
- Butcher-block Buffet table: An ad in the Gazette has not been placed, notices are to be displayed throughout the township for bids.
- Water Department Manager Position: Don Keith submitted a job description to the board. No further action will be taken at this time.
- Mr. Filsingerís requests for personal property and water hook-up: He has asked specifically for a set of encyclopedias that were given to him by his family. The board agreed to give him these books. Motion by Clarkson, supported by Keith, vote unanimous. Boggio will see that Mr. Filsinger receives them. Water hook-up has also been granted.
- Shared Solid Waste Facility between Gratiot Lake residents and the YSI Academy: A letter of
of appreciation has been sent to Don Robinson at YSI from the township.
- Hebard Park Plat: A letter has been sent to the involved property owners.
- Grand Marais (Goodell Road) Special Assessment: A motion to pass a resolution to set up a special assessment district of a 1/2 mil over 5 years for those property owners to provide maintenance to their private road. Roll call vote: Boggio, yes, Clarkson, yes, Keith, yes, Johnson, yes, Sherk, absent. Resolution and special assessment district on file.
- Oath of Office: Oath was taken by Jean Olson and she will take office as Trustee on November 20, 1998
- Report on Equalization Study: Bob Taylor reported on the equalization study for the coming year. A
1.6% increase in property assessment can be expected.
ADJOURNMENT: 7:55 PM MM/S Clarkson/Keith - Vote 4-0
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor