EAGLE HARBOR TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 7:00 PM by Supervisor, Jim Boggio
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MEMBERS PRESENT: Jim Boggio, Jeane Olson, Donald Keith, Gerald Johnson
MEMBERS ABSENT: John Clarkson
APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING: MM/S Keith/Olson
TREASURER’S REPORT: Report dated November 1999 was accepted
APPROVAL OF BILLS: MM/S Keith/Olson to approve – Vote 4-0
SUPERVISOR’S REMARKS AND CORRESPONDENCE: Send a thank you letter to Copper Harbor Fire dept. for their mutual aid assistance at the Agate Harbor fire.
Volunteer Fire Department – Mike Radigan - Dry Hydrant is on the Silver River. Received a $750.00 donation.
Water & Well-Head Protection Committee – John Wakeman
Cemetery Committee – Ginny Shubert – Absent
Solid Waste Committee – Bruce Olson
Beach Committee – Vern Robinson – Absent
Recreation Committee – Barb Sickler – Absent
Time Capsule – Frank Carlton – Absent
Municipal Civil Infraction System –Donna Jaaskelainen attended the meeting and explained the differences between Civil and Criminal Infraction Systems. After her presentation it was decided that this would be on agenda for the July 10th meeting at 6 PM at the schoolhouse for the Public Hearing Criminal vs. Civil.
- Hebard Plat – Bob Crampton put $15,000 collateral up incase he doesn’t finish the project.
- Schoolhouse Lease – Tabled until next meeting.
- Matt Arko – Update from the assessor.
- UPPCO will get a 50% break on property taxes. Will have to refund.
- Reported on sales within the township.
- Board of Review will be on the 20th of December.
- Tony Burcar: Water Project extension – If weather holds out connections will be made this year, but grading and blacktop will be done next spring.
- Solid Waste Recommendations:
- Retire debt owed to general fund for compactors and installation by payment of $7000 from Solid Waste funds and forgive the balance of $4,265.75.
- Lower rates by 5%
- Rates not to be lowered if debt isn’t forgiven.
- Increase salary of Solid Waste Manager to $12/hr effective 4/1/2000.
Annual rates stayed the same. Tabled #1 and #3 until next meeting. MM/S Keith/Olson to accept #4 and raise Solid Waste Manager’s salary to $12/hr effective 4/01/00. Vote 4-0 passed.
- Lake Bailey light will be removed.
- Letter to Ameritech requesting that our exchange be changed from 289 to 337.
- Letter from John Clarkson to Board to compensate Bruce Wagner for filling in as clerk while John is away. MM/S G Johnson/J Olson.
- Ice Rink – Rick Probst would like to make an ice rink over the holidays by the ballpark.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:20PM MM/D Keith/J Olson – Vote 4-0
John M. Clarkson, Clerk Jim Boggio, Supervisor